About Me

My photo
I am a Bristol based artist interested in exploring new mediums and techniques. From a background in life drawing, I am now working in sculpture, new media and children's books. This is my wall and I will hang pictures here.

Pages

Age is a process of reducing the world to its outline.

About Me

My photo
I am a Bristol based artist interested in exploring new mediums and techniques. From a background in life drawing, I am now working in sculpture, new media and children's books. This is my wall and I will hang pictures here.

Wednesday 8 November 2017

North Bristol Art Trail 2017




The North Bristol Art Trail November24th 25th and 26th


Takes place on a yearly basis on the last weekend in November. This year I am exhibiting with Isobel Galt Morris at 26 Sefton Park Road Bristol. It is venue 36 on the trail.northbristolartists.org.uk The website has an interactive  map to guide around the trail. We are starting the weekend with a preview between 7pm-9pm on Friday 24th.Saturday and Sunday we are open 10am-6pm. There are 4 venues in Sefton Park road open. There is an interactive app which can be downloaded apps.cactus.co.uk/nba.from Googleplay or AppStore.

This year I have been experimenting with a technique which started 3 years ago at the retrospective exhibition of Paul Klee (born 1879-1940). at Tate Modern. After seeing the exhibition I was intrigued by what Paul Klee described as Oil transfers. He taught these techniques at the Bauhaus. He used oil paint to make transfers -a type of monoprint. Examples of this technique are "The Twittering Machine" and" Ghost of a Genius" a self portrait by Paul Klee. I experimented with sketches and used ideas connected with Paul Klees use of colours from Green to red and red to green and used shapes in a post cubist way. Many of my paintings using these techniques have been based on life drawing themes. However this year I have also included new themes using dogs and rooms. There are also favourites from previous years and some twig and ink sketches


Room 2 (Studio with dogs) Oil transfer with watercolour
Original framed £300.  Giclee prints £25 £15 A4




Molly 1 (in browns) Oil transfer with watercolour
Original framed£250. Giclee prints £25 A3 and £15 A4


Molly 2. Oil transfer with watercolour
Original framed£250. Giclee print  £15 A4




Pensive .Oil transfer with watercolour
Original framed £250. Giclee prints £15 A4

r
Forward and Back . Oil transfer with watercolour
Original framed £250. Giclee prints £25 A3 and£15 A4



..
Room1( with Paul Klee and Van Gough influences)
Oil transfer with watercolour.
Original framed £300. Giclee prints £25 A3 £15 A4


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. It's always interesting to hear people's thoughts on art.